quinta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2010

A view from Istambul...

In this article, I’m going to tell you İstanbul Modern Life. Actually, I don’t know how to start. Maybe, it’s better if I start with myself. My name is Aysegul, I am a 24-year-old lawyer in İstanbul. I was born in here and I spent all my life in this amazing city, apart from 1 year I lived in London. So you will see İstanbul through the eyes of a young woman, I’m gonna try to tell you daily life of the city.

I know that most of you doens’t know much about İstanbul and the ones who heart about it thinks that this is a city of a muslim counrty so cannot be so much interesting and funny. So first, I wanna warn you that this is not a muslim country. Yes, most of us (me as well) are muslim but the country doesn’t have a religion, it’s secularist. We don’t have to obey Islamic rules and our laws doesn’t contain anything religious. You can go to clubs and dance, you can have alcohol, you can wear whatever you want, have boyfriend/girlfriend and live at home with her/him without marriage, there is no regulation which makes all this banned. We are totally free! So in this article, I’m not going to tell you the mosques or the history of the country, I’m gonna tell you daily life in here.

There are loads of things to do for the weekend here. If the weather is good, you should spend your day out. Because İstanbul is a blue city, surraunded by the sea. So if the weather is OK you should just enjoy a blue day in İstanbul but if the weather doesn’t let you go out, you can take your time In shopping centres. Shopping centres are very interesting here, you can do your shopping for the kitchen, you can buy some clothes and you can have your lunch or supper there, have cofee and see the movie you want. Yes, “shopping centre” is a different world, here. It’s not the place you can only do your shopping in one hour and leave, but spend all day without getting bored.

text of my turkish friend Aysegul Durmus.

( next week, "the history of Istambul" by Se Sa)

10 comentários:

Francisco Castelo Branco disse...

Hi Aysegul

Nice text and lovely contribution.

I love Istambul, specially the grand bazar and the blues mosque.

i hope one day comeback.

and my favourite team is Galatasaray S.C!

Francisco Castelo Branco disse...

if you are a free country, why it isn´t a democracy? or a republic?

Rafeiro Perfumado disse...

Está-se mesmo a ver que a jove não conhece o Colombo...

Francisco Castelo Branco disse...

no sabado trarei fotografias de istambul, centro comercial incluido...

Transplanted Lawyer disse...

FCB, eu acho que você está sendo injusto, a Turquia é uma República. O partido no poder agora é mais amigável para a religião da maioria, que não é agradável ver a partir do exterior. Mas, novamente, aqui nos Estados Unidos o mais religioso dos nossos partidos só tinha um monte de sucesso nas nossas eleições. Só porque o resultado de uma eleição especial é desagradáveis não significa a nação segurando realmente não é uma democracia.

Espero ouvir mais de Aysegul em breve! A Turquia é um país em ascensão politicamente, culturalmente é fascinante com uma história rica e nenhuma outra nação do mundo ocidental, é mais crucial para o nosso futuro colectivo. Estou especialmente curioso é Aysegul podem compartilhar alguns fatos sobre o sistema jurídico Turco e como ela gasta seu tempo profissional.

aysegul disse...

Hi,

Sorry for being late to answer this.

@Francisco
Turkey is a democratic country. Here we have elections. We don't have monarchy or anythşng like this. Here head scarf is banned at schools,even at universities.

aysegul disse...

My country's name is Turkey Republic.

As a lawyer,

Turkish Constitution

Art.1: The Turkish is a republic.

Art. 2: The Republic of Turkey is a democratic, secular and social state governed by the rule of law

aysegul disse...

and in the next article it is said that "the first 3 articles cannot be changed, it even cannot be proposed to amend"

aysegul disse...

and Transplanted Lawyer, I really would like to understand Portuguese but I don't :(

I saw my name and my country's name a few times in your comment. Would you mind repeating them in english?

Francisco Castelo Branco disse...

he said how is your legal system

Share Button